1. Can the government pay for my dental treatment?

Children from 2-17 who are eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Scheme (CDBS) can use their Medicare cards. For details see .

Adults are not eligible for dental treatment under Medicare, but can claim for sedation costs when performed at Power Dental Practice by our GP anaesthetist.

Adults receiving government pensions may be eligible for treatment under NSW Health Dental Schemes.  The South East Sydney local Health district may provide vouchers which we accept at Power Dental Practice.  For more information, they may be contacted on 1300 134 226. Further details are available at

2. What methods of payment do you accept?

We accept cash, debit cards, Visa card, MasterCard and American Express credit cards.

Members of health funds can use their fund cards via our Hicaps terminal to pay for part of their treatment, then pay the gap with the above methods.

Patients eligible for the CDBS can use their Medicare cards and those with NSW Health dental treatment vouchers can use them.

We also accept direct debit from your bank account into our account.  Our account details are:
BSB 032-054
A/C 75 3290

So we can identify your payment, please include the patient’s surname and account number. E.g. “Lee/012345”.

Alternatively, we can accept credit card payments via PayPal on this website.

Online payments

3. Which Health Fund is the best?

This is a complex area and depends on your circumstances. Notably, none of the larger health funds rate in the top 5 for customer satisfaction in the Roy Morgan customer satisfaction surveys since 2012. The best for hospital coverage may not be the best for dental and extras.

4. Can I get a quote for treatment before I start?

Yes, we generally like to provide written treatment plans for more than basic work. We are unable to give quotes without carrying out an examination, which usually requires x-rays.  In complex cases we may provide alternatives, and let you know when an estimate relies on success or failure of other stages.